It’s been a while since I have written on this blog. I have been focused on work and not had time or inclination to make some personal commentary.
Right now it is 1:48 a.m., I am listening to Earth Wind and Fire (on Grooveshark) blast out ‘Reasons’ as I write.
I didn’t run this morning as my running partner called off. I was not put out too much as it was below zero and the weather forecast was for hailstones. Instead, I watched Andy Murray ultimately disappoint in the Tennis Australian Open Men’s Final due to his poor first serve. Five set points missed in the third set: close but no cigar. Actually not really that close at all. Maybe, when Roger Federer retires, we can have a British Tennis Champion.
The afternoon and evening was spent writing my first WordPress plugin. I should finish it tomorrow morning. With good promotion it should be excellent linkbait for my wordpress site
Why the title of this post? Last night, the movie version of the Hitchhikers Guide To The Universe was on TV. Martin Freeman, Stephen Fry and Bill Nighy murdered an excellent script with gratuitous lack of irony and humour. It was completely flat, flatter than the whale. Zero out of five. All of it should have stayed on cutting room floor or somebody should have hit the delete button (followed by “Yes” to the “Are You Sure You want to cast this movie into the abyss?” prompt) . The movie is dingoes kidneys. If only an outsized dog from another universe would go back in time to 2005, appear for an instant, and swallow the entire movie set. Hitchhikers is a great series but my strong recommendation is to stick to the cassette tapes of the radio series or the TV series, it’s a thousand times better.
Now heading off to a bed, but first, a nightcap. Perhaps a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster?
- Take the juice from one bottle of that Ol’ Janx Spirit
- Add 1 measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V
- Melt 3 cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost)
- Bubble 4 litres of Fallian marsh gas through it (in memory of all those happy Hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia)
- Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heady odours of the dark Qualactin Zones.
- Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian suns deep into the heart of the drink.
- Sprinkle Zamphour
- Add an olive
- Drink…but very carefully.